SHOWBIZNEST MOVIE DOWNLOAD Click Here!
SHOWBIZNEST WALLPAPER HD Click Here!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Carson Kressley Launches "Carson Nation" on Oprah's OWN


Former Queer Eye for the Straight Guy star Carson Kressley is taking his famous fashion advice on the road for his new show, Carson Nation, which premieres this Saturday, 9 p.m. on Oprah's OWN.

Kressley, 41, talked to Parade.com about having Oprah Winfrey for a boss and revealed the sizzling TV cast he�d love to make over.


Taking his fashion sense across the country with Carson Nation.

I throw a dart at a map of the country and basically go wherever the dart lands. We go to that town and we talk to people and really find out who in that town needs a little confidence boost. Maybe it�s because they�ve let themselves go, or maybe they�ve had untimely circumstances where a partner is going to Afghanistan, or maybe a child has been living with an illness. The moral of the story is we find out who needs help, we roll into their town, and we use local resources and show them how to be their most stylish selves.�


It�s not your average makeover show.

You really get to know the story behind these people. I�ll be the first one to tell everybody that makeovers are superficial. It�s just clothes and makeup and hair, but hopefully going through the process tells these men and women that they�re worth taking care of and that everybody should be able to feel confident about the way they look. Hopefully, that will inspire them to take on other challenges in their lives.


He�s taking to the road in a Winnebago.

I have a vintage Airstream. We�re kind of like missionaries, but instead of bringing bibles and religious literature, we bring heels and makeup. It was fun traveling across country because a lot of times when you work in New York or L.A., you forget what real America is like. It�s great to get out there and meet real families.


On his boss, Oprah Winfrey.

I thought it would be really scary, but I had the good fortune of doing the Oprah Winfrey Show so many times that we became friendly and had this rapport. When the network was created, I was literally camped out on her doorstep saying, �Please, I want to do a show.� She agreed with me and has been super supportive. You think it would kinda scary working for Oprah, but it�s actually very inspiring.


He wouldn�t want to give Oprah a makeover.

I think her style is fantastic. She has a great use of color. She probably looks better now than she ever has. She knows what looks good on her, she�s very comfortable in her own skin, and she projects confidence. That�s what makes people look fantastic.


Carson owns up to his biggest fashion mishaps.

There are many! I�m a big believer in trying lots of things and I have a pretty daring fashion sense. It�s just clothes, if it doesn�t work out, it�s not the end of the world. I had parachute pants in the �80s. I also had the keyboard tie. I looked like a refugee from Saved By the Bell.


The celebrities he�d love to work with.

I�d love to make over the cast of True Blood because I�d love to see all those vampires with their shirts off. The men vampires, not the women. But I�d still make the women over, you know, I�m an equal opportunity makeoverer!

- Source

No comments:

Post a Comment