SHOWBIZNEST MOVIE DOWNLOAD Click Here!
SHOWBIZNEST WALLPAPER HD Click Here!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cory Monteith Mans Up in Teen Romance �Monte Carlo�


Best known for playing Finn Hudson in the popular Fox series �Glee,� Cory Monteith stars with today�s teen icon Selena Gomez in �Monte Carlo,� along with �Gossip Girl�s� Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy.

�Monte Carlo� opens us to freshly minted high school grad Grace (Selena Gomez) and best friend Emma (Katie Cassidy) jettisoning their waitress jobs in Texas for a trip to Paris. But Grace�s killjoy stepsister Meg (Leighton Meester) is involuntarily installed as chaperone by Grace�s parents. Meanwhile, Emma�s boyfriend, Owen (Cory Monteith), is trying to put the kibosh on the trip altogether with a ring and proposal.

Monteith along with the troika of actresses settled, the filmmakers believed that he fits the role of Owen perfectly. He�s a big, friendly, very funny and likable guy. He sells the character the instant he�s on screen,� says director Thomas Bezucha in casting Monteith. Below is a q&a of Cory describing his dream girl and experience in the movie.

Q. What�s your character like?
A. Owen is completely in love with Katie Cassidy�s character, Emma. He�s on a journey - and he�s chasing her across Europe so he can take her home again and marry her. He can be a little misguided, but he�s incredibly romantic and prepared to do whatever it takes to win back his girl.

Q. Which of your co stars did you bond with the most quickly?
A. I think I bonded with them all straight away! Selena is very sweet. She�s really down to earth, and excellent at doing accents. We playfight like a brother and sister - she�s tiny but determined, although she has yet to hurt me! Leighton is great, and can give a solid high five. That�s a life skill.

Q. How flirty are you?
A. I�m single, and I love that life but I�m not a dog! I�m pretty goofy and I make a lot of dumb jokes - life is too short to be serious, so I guess that�s how I flirt. To be honest, I�ve never really thought about it - I think I�m too shy and reserved to be a proper old fashioned flirt.
Q. Describe your dream girl.
A. People who are passionate are attractive - if they�re excited about their life and what they�re doing, that�s really engaging. It doesn�t matter whether they�re a movie star or an accountant. As far as looks go, I don�t have any specifics. I don�t have a preference for blondes or brunettes.
Q. Do you have a celebrity crush?
A. I�ve worked with a lot of beautiful girls, but I�d have to say Amber Riley, who plays Mercedes in Glee. Have you heard her sing? She�s amazing.

Q. What will you miss most about Monte Carlo when you�ve finished filming?
A. The bread! The bread is delicious, I can get through a lot of that stuff. The way people treat each other here is very different too. There�s a kind of old world sensibility in Europe - people are refined and respectful and it�s very cool. In North America there�s a different attitude. Everything is faster and less personal.

�Monte Carlo� opens July 1 in theaters from 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment