SHOWBIZNEST MOVIE DOWNLOAD Click Here!
SHOWBIZNEST WALLPAPER HD Click Here!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Seven Last Words (Siete Palabras)


Today, Good Friday (Biyernes Santo), Jesus Christ's Seven Sayings/Seven Last Words will form part of a Christian meditation.

Catholics attend Mass where the Seven Last Words (Site Palabras) are read, illuminates and dramatized. Traditionally, the Seven Sayings are called words of:

1. Forgiveness
2. Salvation
3. Relationship
4. Abandonment
5. Distress
6. Triumph
7. Reunion

The Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ:

The 1st Word of the seven last words (Forgiveness)

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do
Luke 23:34
Then Jesus said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".


The 2nd Word of the seven last words (Salvation)

Today you will be with me in paradise
Luke 23:43
And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise".


The 3rd Word of the seven last words (Relationship)

Behold your son: behold your mother
John 19:26-27
Jesus saw his own mother, and the disciple standing near whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold your son". Then he said to the disciple, "Behold your mother". And from that hour, he took his mother into his family.


The 4th Word of the seven last words (Abandonment)

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me
Matthew 27:46
Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"


The 5th Word of the seven last words (Distress)

I thirst
John 19:28
He said, "I thirst".


The 6th Word of the seven last words (Triumph)

It is finished
John 19:30
Jesus said, "It is finished".


The 7th Word of the seven last words (Reunion)

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit
Luke 23:46
And speaking in a loud voice, Jesus said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit".

- Source

No comments:

Post a Comment